Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Being Well

I know people sometimes think that being well isn't anything that they have control over.  For example, if you've broken your back you're not "well" in one sense anymore until that injury heals.  However, so much of who we are isn't merely physical.  We're spirit beings made of energies unrelated to our physical bodies in anything other than the connection to the body.  We exist in two realms at once, the physical and the ethereal, and they're connected in the body, mind, and spirit.  So when I say "Well Being is Being Well" it's a function of the whole rather than merely the parts.  One must walk on both planes of existence at once, and "Be Well" in spite of what's happening in the body.  The energy of the spirit drives the body, not the other way around, so "Being Well" manifests in multiple ways.  Learning to "Be Well" is learning to let the Life of The Spirit shine through in spite of the struggles of the body.  We all have these struggles to one degree or another.  As an actor I'm challenged many ways on a daily basis.  We get asked to audition often, and mostly on short notice, and the audition must be you at your very best in that moment.  I admit that sometimes my very best at that particular moment isn't what I really want it to be.  However, I give myself room to be the best that I can be in that particular moment and not worry that it may not have been my first choice in a perfect world.  What I'm realizing is that sometimes it's the imperfections that speak more eloquently than "being perfect" ever could, and often, it's the imperfections that we actors are asked to bring to the scene.  In fact, imperfections are what make us uniquely human, and humanly unique!  Bless those imperfections rather than curse them.  They express the simplicity and complexity that make each of us wonderfully unique expressions of God in our world, so free yourself.  Be yourself.  Live your life in LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment