Thursday, October 29, 2015

Life is...

Life is what we make of it.  IF you approach life as if it were an obstacle to be overcome... then it is.
IF you approach life as if it were a JOY to be celebrated...then it IS!  I approach life as if it were a joyful lesson, full of LIFE in ALL its aspects; the joy, pain, struggle, sorrow, grace, goodness, love, peace, hope, discord and harmony.  It is all of these things and more.  Many of our lessons are taught the hard way, with "tough love" if you will permit me the use of the term.  It is an aspect of life that many of the lessons we MUST learn are only truly learned the hard way.  So I accept the hard way, face the storm, push through it, and come out on the other side much more quickly, and perhaps with only a cold burned forehead and not a demolished body.  So one special lesson I take with me each day is that of the buffalo who faces the storm, walks through it, head and shoulders into the wind to come out into the crisp, clean air of the new day alive, invigorated, and ready to face another.  Blessings my friend, and may you, too, learn the way of Brother Buffalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment